Lead Developer, West Malling – Up to £50k DOE plus benefits
This fantastic tech agency use digital to make great things happen. They work with their clients to establish their goals, formulate their plan then deliver with clear KPIs and targets that align to the business growth plan. They need a Lead Developer to help take the business to the next level.
As Lead Developer, the successful candidate will influence the development processes across a range of projects and become the heart of all web-related decision making. This Lead Developer will have key responsibility for front / back-end development for the agency’s client websites and also their own.
Duties of this Lead Developer include:
- Supporting the digital functions across the business helping to advise on best practice
- Working to introduce a continuous-improvement ethos, suggesting proactive changes to processes to improve the service provided to the business
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin
Key skills/experience of this Lead Developer include:
- 4-5 years experience
- Experience working with CSS pre-processors (e.g. SASS, LESS, Gulp, Grunt)
- Experience with SQL databases
- Photoshop & Adobe experience
- Version control with GitHub/BitBucket
- WordPress and Advanced Custom Fields Knowledge.
Nice to have skills/experience of this Lead Developer include:
- Agency experience
- Knowledge of SEO best practice
- The ability to communicate ideas clearly and solve problems from a technical perspective
- Experience working with Sketch and Invision
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Cpanel/Plesk
- Experience migrating websites from development to live environments
This agency’s values are trust, transparency and a creative approach to problem solving. Are you a Lead Developer who this resonates with?