Python Developer, Central London – Up to £400/day DOE
This social media intelligence agency specialise in understanding the impact of extremist narratives on local audiences. They’re currently looking to hire a Python Developer interested in contributing to projects at the forefront of the intersections between cyber security, current affairs, civil society and the digital space.
This Python Developer will be:
- Developing new tools to expand our internal analytics toolset
- Producing, testing, debugging code
- Developing data collection pipelines for our analysts
This Python Developer will have the following essential skills / attributes / knowledge:
- Git and version control
- Comfortable with UNIX systems and the command line
- Web scraping/crawling experience
- Experience working with external APIs, especially those of major social media platforms
- Statistics/statistical modelling
- Familiar with SQL and/or NoSQL database design & querying
- Experience with AWS. E.g. Lambda functions, API Gateway, Elasticsearch, Amazon Redshift, DynamoDB, SNS/SQS
This Python Developer will have desirable skills such as:
- Experience with a machine learning library - Tensorflow/Keras, pytorch, or scikit-learn
- Experience building python packages
- Experience with database design
- Experience with PDF text extraction or Optical Character Recognition
Are you the Python Developer that this high-flying agency need right now? If you’re the Python Developer we’re looking for, please get in touch quoting job reference SS518.
Please also take a look at www.air-recruitment.com.