Front End Developer (Central London) – Up to £75k DOE plus benefits
This awesome digital agency is growing rapidly and offer some great incentives. They have a strong foundation in all digital channels and work with some of the biggest brands in the UK and globally. They’re on the lookout for a strong Front End Developer.
This Front End Developer should be familiar with the best practices and patterns required to build a modular, maintainable and testable code base using Angular. This Front End Developer will be working in a Scrum Agile team building the next generation of the agency’s marketing SaaS product using the latest architectural patterns and practices, development frameworks, cloud technologies and software delivery practices.
What this Front End Developer will need to do:
- Work with your team to design the front-end architecture to support the requirements of the application
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and backlog refinement meetings to plan and design new features and help identify and refine user stories.
- Participate in sprint spikes to research solutions and build POCs that demonstrate how the solution could work
- Enhance and evolve coding standards within your team
- Participate in peer code reviews and help mentor other members of your team
- Work with the front-end team lead to introduce measures to ensure work is delivered to a high level of quality and manage technical debt to ensure this is kept under control
- Cooperate with the back-end developers in the process of building a RESTful API that will be consumed by the front-end code
- Ensuring high performance on desktop, tablet and mobile browsers
What this Front End Developer will need to know:
- Expert level understanding of Angular and AngularJS
- Expert with HTML5, CSS3 and writing cross-browser compatible code
- Experience with CSS pre-compilers like Sass and LESS
- Experience with NodeJS, Grunt, NPM
- Extensive experience consuming RESTful APIs in your applications
- Highly proficient in TDD and E2E testing with a focus on building testable high-quality code
- Experience building mobile and responsive design applications
- Experience with server-side page generation/programming syntax such as JSP JSTL, ASP.NET Razor, PHP Twig
- Creating self-contained, reusable and testable modules and components
- Knowledge of W3C AA guidelines and how to build compliant UI’s
- Knowledge of common application vulnerabilities and the strategies and techniques used to combat them
- Have a good understanding of the infrastructure and cloud architecture that the application will be hosted on. Any experience of Google Cloud or AWS would be useful.
- Experience working in strong cross functional and self-organising Scrum Agile teams
- Experience with Git based source control preferably Bit Bucket
- Familiar with planning, task tracking and collaboration tools ideally Jira and Confluence
- Ability to analyse, diagnose/debug and resolve application errors and the environments in which those applications run on.
- Ability to identify options for potential solutions and assess them for technical and business suitability
- Ability to mentor the team with technical practices and in particular front end development skills.
- A desire to keep abreast of technical and industry developments
- Experience working in teams following a BDD approach to developing requirements and testing those requirements.
How will this Front End Developer succeed?
- Produce high quality and well thought through architectural designs for enterprise level solutions
- Able to design and implement high quality code and deliver on time and as per estimate
- Demonstrate good attention to detail with the majority of work tasks passing QA and reaching “Done” in 1-2 attempts
- Able to analyse/debug and troubleshoot technical issues and provide options for solutions
- Demonstrate excellent personal organisation with the ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks
- Able to influence and drive projects to meet key milestones and overcome challenges
- Able to work with the team to organise and ensure work is developed in the right sequence to enable successful delivery
- Able to work under own initiative
- Able to bring functional and technical solutions to the table to help solve team challenges
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Build positive and professional working relationships with your colleagues to enable a positive and collaborative team working environment.
- Able to mentor members of the team and educate them about our processes and guide them to finding solutions to technical challenges.
- Demonstrate expert domain and technical knowledge of all aspects of the solutions that your team build and deliver
- Demonstrate an excellent commercial understanding of the services that ITG provides to its clients
- Demonstrate a positive can-do attitude
This agency is all about its clients and employees - are you an experienced Front End Developer looking for a new and exciting challenge with an agency who’ll offer you a career as opposed to a job, alongside many benefits?
If this sounds like your kind of Front End Developer role, please get in touch quoting job reference SS552.
Please also visit www.air-recruitment.com.