Principal Frontend Engineer, Work from Home / Central London - Up to £75k dependent on experience
As Principal Frontend Engineer, a thriving working environment will be essential to your next move. This is exactly what we can offer. This consultancy are going above and beyond expectations at the moment, and are looking to bolster their development team.
This consultancy partner with their clients to understand their product and deliver high performance, resilient and scalable software systems that create an impact on their users and businesses across the world. This Principal Frontend Engineer will join a major project to lead and build their next generation website. You'll lead the team to re-engineer their frontend and deliver the best in class experience.
We're looking for creative and inspiring Principal Frontend Engineer who’s excited to solve complex and new problems with a focus on front-end technologies and how we can use cloud to scale. You'll be able to work in an agile way ensuring their team is getting the most out of the engineering strategy, whilst being a people person who is driven to ensure the team have the right tools and direction for success.
You’ll be expected to travel internationally and nationally around 15% of the time.
Here’s what this Principal Frontend Engineer will need:
- Influence the technical direction and strategy and team leadership responsibilities
- Strong React.js, Redux background
- Deliver successful development processes, coding standards and best practices, as well as Agile practices such as Scrum, Kanban and XP, CI/CD, TDD/BDD
- Working with DevOps on infrastructure
- Innovating and improving technology and people
- Understanding design systems
- Developing great user interfaces
- Creating testable code and make testing a priority
- Can lead a project through the full life-cycle
- Know version control tools e.g. Git and Jenkins
It also would be good if this Principal Frontend Engineer could:
- Use state management like Redux, MobX and/or other
- Know Graph.QL
- Know module bundlers and task runners such as Webpack, Parcel, Rollup, Browserify, Grunt or Gulp;
- Use of CSS pre/post-processors like PostCSS, Styled Components, LESS, SASS and/or others;
- Have experience with Test Automation and non-functional testing, including: security, performance and accessibility.
This is what this Principal Frontend Engineer can expect from this amazing consultancy:
- Flexible working hours (self-managed)
- Annual bonus, subject to company performance
- Access to Udemy online training and opportunities to learn and grow within the role
- 25 days holiday (+ bank hols), after 2 years of employment you are entitled to 1 additional day a year up to 30 days
- Private Medical Healthcare with Vitality
- Pension scheme
- 2 weeks fully paid paternity leave
- Enhanced Maternity, shared parental and adoption leave and pay
- Conference budget
- Christmas party
- Annual company team-building trip
- Eye Test Voucher
- Autonomous working
- Retail Discounts Scheme