Motoring and Lifestyle Editor – Work from home/London – Up to £70k DOE plus 10% bonus plus benefits
This online tech business is a household name and you will have heard of them – their TV campaigns are fronted by one of the most well-known celebrities around! They’re thriving right now as they provide a fresh kind service for consumers. They need a Motoring Lifestyle Editor to join their experienced and talented creative team.
Reporting to their Content Director, this Motoring Lifestyle Editor will identify, commission and create content for the company’s website and other channels. Your accessible expertise will cover reviews, ‘how to…’, ‘what is…?’ and all the insightful explainers of newsworthy and evergreen topics that will keep Britain in the driving seat, across all relevant life stages.
This Motoring Lifestyle Editor will make the company a go-to destination for motoring and related lifestyle content. For their customers, you’ll talk about cars in their lives, not about the torque in the cars in their lives.
To achieve the company’s digital-first goal, this Motoring Lifestyle Editor will need to be a master of how people reach them, and that requires a working and hands-on knowledge of content SEO. You’ll have ideas and experience to share in this area and seek input from our experts in that field to shape your content creation. You’ll also consider data inputs from social media and other channels.
This company are not in the business of covering breaking news, but when news breaks that affects how their customers buy and enjoy their cars, you’ll break the back of what it means to them, and help them get across the issues in a way only this company can.
This Motoring Lifestyle Editor will find the right balance in content, helping customers get where they want to be, and commercial results where they need to be. And you’ll have the journalistic and business savvy of what to prioritise now and what the put on the roadmap.
This Motoring Lifestyle Editor will love words as much as they love cars, but they’ll know how important video content is to customers, and help shape or create their video content.
The experience, skills and style we’re looking for in this Motoring Lifestyle Editor:
- You’ll have a love of cars and driving from a motorist’s point of view, and a deep interest in the trends of the automotive industry with a passion for translating those into useful, thought-provoking insight relevant for the company’s customers and audiences.
- Your experience is a mix of hands on the wheel and deep desk research
- You’ll be critical to making sure the company’s brand tone-of-voice is bang on in everything, relevant to every moment of customer contact and evolves appropriately over time as the business grows rapidly.
- You’ll be word perfect.
- Be invested in the data and outcomes your work generates and collaborate with teams to get those numbers where they need to be (and celebrate with them when they are).
- You’ll be hands-on from end-to-end as the company establishes editorial best-practice processes and workflows that help them meet their content ambitions.
- You’ve got junket in your trunk but you know the company’s customer’s needs are always your raison d'être. And you’d never call a ‘boot’ a ‘trunk’.
- Manage time autonomously to deadlines across multiple projects, being comfortable to ebb and flow on projects as priorities shift.
- Be at ease with owning your contribution to the business.
- Be a leading brand advocate in and outside the business across all company communication activity in whatever form it takes.
- Be ‘all-in’ with the company’s purpose of making car buying and ownership faff-free.
If you’re the Motoring Lifestyle Editor thinking ‘they are actually describing me’, if a start-up hunger for growth at speed appeals, if you’re ready to be agile enough and empowered to create immediate, meaningful impact; then you could be just a snappy application away from joining a brand that will let you be your best.