Communication Design Lead, London, Up to £60k dependent on experience.
Are you a Communication Design Lead looking for your next big challenge? This Communication Design Lead role will be working at one of the most innovative, well-respected mobile and consumer tech brands across the world. Being here you’ll have the opportunity to work on innovation in the latest tech development – especially UX.
The objective of the European Insight and Innovation team is to drive innovation within the business through human centred design, where the user is at the heart of everything we do.
The Communication Designer is pivotal in crafting visual designs that bring to life the thinking of the team and could include something as basic as a PowerPoint presentation or as sophisticated as an animation. The Communication Designer builds the largest impact when they translate sophisticated ideas and concepts into compelling human-centred designs and stories.
In this role, you’ll work closely with multidisciplinary teams to seek all aspects of the design process - from understanding users, prototyping and testing, to communicating the overall project story.
The key focus of the Communication Design Lead will be to help lead the team / external partners through the innovation and design process and elevate the storytelling in our work: by visualising the work and bringing to life the voice of the people we’re designing for and connecting the internal design team and organisation to the human experience. All projects will focus on innovation of new propositions (products & services).
The responsibility of the Communication Design Lead within the team is to:
- Help lead innovation projects from start to finish, alongside members of the I&I team, including working with and handling external partners and agencies
- Guide and instruct the team to apply design and critical thinking through owning the visual design process throughout a project
- Turn insights into a compelling visual story output; leadership in ensuring standard methodology in communicating the work
- Work with other members of I&I to develop market driven concepts, driven by functional value proposition
- Bring your specialism of visual design to bear on your colleague’s projects whilst actively engaging the other team member’s capabilities (i.e. industrial design, interaction design, design research, business design, strategy)
- To develop visual techniques (concept design) to test new insight and concept output from the Innovation process in as ‘real world’ a way as possible
- To support the team in the proposing, winning and managing of Innovation projects Be an advocate for outstanding visual communication
What will be your key deliverables?
- Management of design projects and ensuring they are delivered on time and within budget
- Responsibility for commissioning and contracting any partner agencies, alongside the I&I team
- Analyse and synthesise expert and consumer observation and interviews with the team to understand human challenges for creating strategic branding, products, or services
- Translate sophisticated strategies into clear and tangible design principles, to be applied to brands, digital and physical interfaces or interactions, products and presentations
- Support with delivery of digital and physical concepts, built on strong consumer insight and trends, and rooted in commercial & engineering reality.
- Turn strategic concepts into prototypes of different level of fidelity using various visual media
- Build compelling visual narratives that clearly communicate business opportunity, strategic solutions or user stories, utilising data where vital
- Take an active role in I&I non-project activities and help to raise the perception and profile of the team
What do we need for this role?
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, in graphic design, communications design, or an equivalent visual degree
- Ability to tell a compelling story and communicate it via the right medium
- Extensive experience with a variety of graphic design and interactive tools including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma alongside ability to design in more simple formats like PowerPoint. Experience in video is also a big plus
- Ability to work across any format depending on what feels right for the question at hand – you’re able to make a book, video, exhibition, to a high production standard
- Strong information design and visualisation skills including typography and layout, and a passion for visual design across a breadth of media
- Ability to seek a diverse and sophisticated set of design challenges, utilizing systems thinking and creative problem solving to take on sophisticated questions
- Experience establishing a brand identity, designing visual identities, defining brand architectures and building clear and useful guidelines for implementation.
- Passion for learning and experimenting with new methods to deliver design solutions
- Must have excellent presentation skills
If this sounds like the perfect Communication Design Lead role for you, please get in touch quoting job reference AP970.