Data Science Director - £100K depending on experience, plus benefits.
This global independent agency needs an amazing Data Science Director for the development of data & technology solutions to change knowledge, attitudes, and behaviours in target audience groups.
This agency work with local partners and they are focused on tackling some of humanity's most challenging and important problems, in fragile states and developing countries. They aim to harness cutting-edge marketing, communications, and creativity, to foster behaviour change activity throughout the International Development sector.
This role will involve using multiple sources of data, best practices, critical thinking, driving data initiatives, valuing data, developing tools and techniques, and bringing new forms of thinking and insight from adjacent disciplines, all to further the activities and goals of the agency and client.
This Data Science Director’s key responsibilities include:
• To provide leadership within the agency in developing data & technology solutions to change knowledge, attitudes and behaviours in target audience groups across the world.
• To use and champion multiple sources of data, best practices and critical thinking to assist multiple client organisations in the pursuit of achieving their objectives.
• To lead technology and data initiatives in multiple countries across the world in pursuit of the above.
• To set an example within the agency as to the value of data in answering client problems by developing effective ways of working, tools and techniques and sharing them with the organisation.
• To bring new forms of thinking and insight from adjacent disciplines for example econometrics and apply them to the day-to-day activities of the agency.
• To build (where appropriate) the profile of the agency externally by, for example, presenting at conferences, building a network of contacts or publishing material.
This Data Science Director will have:
• Experience of creating and implementing effective data programs for business wide usage
• Knowledge of fundamental techniques, tools and practices of a statistical modelling and data management
• Ability to bring new working practices, tools and/or techniques and embed them into the day-to-day operations of the business.
• Advanced skills in Python, SQL, Double Click Manager, Cloud computing (AWS) in particular Batch, EC2, Lambda, RDS
• Experience in using cloud-based machine learning including Natural Language Processing and visual recognition software• Experience in managing a team of data scientists
This agency offers flexible working and generous benefits.
If you have the above experience please apply to this role quoting AP973.