Mechanical Engineer, Hybrid working, Up to £42k doe
Are you looking to join an innovative cleantech business with some exciting projects in the pipeline? Here’s a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to grow within a fun, friendly team who are excellent at what they do. Are you the Mechanical Engineer they’re looking for?
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual who can produce results under pressure. You will work hand in hand with the manufacturing team to introduce new suppliers, processes and materials.
The ideal candidate will have experience through the full the product lifecycle from concept to production of high-volume electromechanical products for use in the built environment.
The Mechanical Engineer’s responsibilities include:
· Specification and development of electro-mechanical systems.
· Regulatory compliance.
· Management of external design resources, both in the UK and overseas.
· Development of robust design and test processes.
· Liaise with electronics hardware and production engineering and procurement teams.
The successful Mechanical Engineer will also have:
· At least five years leading complex product development
· Experience and oversight of 3D CAD (e.g. Solidworks) and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems
· Experience with Robust Design and Reliability Engineering practices.
· Detailed knowledge of product test and verification methods and the ability to create test specifications.
· Systems Engineering
· A good understanding of Material Science
· Sustainable design methods.
· Experience with a range of manufacturing technologies including CNC, injection moulding, composites, die-casting and DMLS
· Knowledge of the economics of manufacturing including product costing.
· Prototype manufacturing and test.
· Experience with analytic packages in particular FEA stress analysis.
This Mechanical Engineer role is perfect for someone looking to work alongside some industry-leading clients.
If you’d like to know more, please get in touch quoting job reference SP109.