Data Scientist / Engineer - £55K depending on experience, plus benefits. Hybrid working.
This global independent business needs an amazing Data Scientist / Engineer for the development of data & technology solutions to change attitudes and behaviours for good causes.
This business is focused on tackling some of humanity's most challenging and important problems, in fragile states and developing countries. They aim to harness cutting-edge marketing, communications, and creativity, to foster behaviour change.
This role will involve using multiple sources of data, best practices, critical thinking, driving data initiatives, developing tools and techniques, and bringing new forms of thinking and insight.
This Data Scientist / Engineer’s key responsibilities include:
• To support, develop, and utilise strong ETL related expertise and provide hands-on solution for cloud-based data storage and querying.
• To support the business in developing data engineering & technology solutions to change attitudes and behaviours in target audience groups across the world.
• To use and apply multiple sources of data, best practices and critical thinking to assist multiple client organisations in the pursuit of achieving their objectives.
• To support technology and data initiatives in multiple countries across the world in pursuit of the above.
• To bring new forms of thinking and insight from adjacent disciplines for example econometrics and apply them to the day-to-day activities of the business.
• To build (where appropriate) the profile of the business externally by, for example, attending conferences, building a network of contacts or publishing material.
This Data Scientist / Engineer will:
• Support best practices in data, technology, and engineering, across the business, and to work with media, strategy, and content to create compelling and effective dissemination programs across the globe.
• Support the organisational wide extraction, transformation and loading process of data ensuring information is processed in a timely, secure way.
• Provide support and guidance on answering client problems using technology and data.
• Build awareness of external data sources and best practices to obtain knowledge either by attending conferences or other means.
This This Data Scientist / Engineer will have:
• At least three years of professional Data Science / Engineering experience
• Experience of creating and implementing effective data programs for business wide usage.
• The ability to craft and present simple solutions to highly complex problems (as oral or written presentation) for both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Experience in Python and PostgreSQL for database maintenance.
• Cloud-computing experience in AWS. Ideally in Batch, EC2, Lambda, RDS, and S3.
• Experience with version control software (git)
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills (English).
• Proficient in all components of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
Some “nice to haves” would be:
• Application of CICD and Infrastructure as Code (AWS CloudFormation).
• Experience with Docker and GitHub.
• Experience of working with FVEY Governments, the international development sector or similar (includes previous or voluntary work).
• Demonstrable liaison skills across numerous sectors and disciplines (for example ties to academic practitioners).
• Languages are a benefit.
• An understanding of politics/geopolitics, extremism, conflict, peace keeping & emerging issues such as disinformation.
This business offers flexible working and generous benefits. Please apply to quote AP1036.