Financial Controller – Hybrid working in central London – Up to £60K
This amazing business focus on retail and sustainability analytics, supporting businesses to achieve their strategic goals. By harnessing their data and technology, they apply advanced analytics to deliver actionable insights that improve business performance and customer experience. They now need a Financial Controller to bolster their finance and other departments.
Using geo-location analytics, they help retailers understand their customers and competitors, enabling them to precisely target new audiences. They help optimise store and channel strategies, merchandising, pricing and loyalty. With over 15 years of working with major retailers, they understand retail and help address the challenges of delivering growth through profitable omni-channel strategies.
They are a global company with their main office in central London and a digital and data hub in Kuala Lumpur. They have a diverse and vibrant team of data scientists, analysts, strategic planners,
They want an experienced Finance Controller with a hands on approach; a team player able to work together with various stakeholders to ensure their financial planning and delivery is effective and optimised.
This Financial Controller will:
• Manage the delivery of the month and year end results and provide commercial insight on these results, trends and follow up actions. Provide clear and concise articulation of financial information to non-financial stakeholders, including standard KPI reporting
• Support the budgeting and rolling forecasting cycles working with the business to help to define revenue and margin targets and our rate cards
• Manage finance support setting tasks and goals and monitoring progress
• Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
• Manage external relationships with banks, governmental bodies, payroll bureau, Tax consultants, R&D Consultants and any other key partners
• Liaise with the auditors and management of the year-end audit processes
• Ensure relevant monthly, quarterly and annual reporting is submitted to group finance, including submission of financial results for consolidation
• Oversee the day to day management of the finance function, including cashflow forecasting, payment and payroll approvals and managing the accounting systems
This Financial Controller will have the following professional skills:
• Knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• Experience in accounting and financial reporting
• Good command of Microsoft Office including excel
• Good knowledge of accounting systems and processes
• Good analytical skills
• Knowledge of Cognos is an asset
• Knowledge of Synergist is an asset
This Financial Controller will have the following experience:
• Strong accounting operations and book keeping background
• Strong analytical background
• Experience of business partnering
• Minimum three years experience obtained in agency or analytical services company
• Proven background in managing a finance function
• Experience of financial management across global markets an advantage
This Financial Controller will have one of the following qualifications:
• Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA, ICAEW)
If you are the Financial Controller this thriving business is looking for, then why not apply today! Please quote reference number AP1030.