Technical Lead – Front End (React), Central London / Remote in the UK – Up to £90k DOE
This tech agency are looking for a Front-End Technical Lead to join there vastly growing team. Are you a Front-End Technical Lead who is looking for your next big step in your career? This agency are growing fast.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Front-End Technical Lead to combine the art of design with the art of programming. The role is a mixture of hands-on development, oversight, and planning/leadership of multiple projects and you are expected to always lead by example.
This Front-End Technical Lead will work closely with the Experience Design team. The Front-End Technical Lead has ultimate responsibility for ensuring the translation of our UI/UX designs and wireframes into front-end code that delivers the visual elements of our web platforms and applications.
This Front-End Technical Lead’s key responsibilities are:
● Day-to-day management of technical team members on projects you are responsible for, ensuring they understand their tasks and deliver them to the highest standards
● Hands on development, code reviews, and coaching to ensure that as a team we deliver the highest quality code
● Working closely with the Delivery/PM team to create accurate project plans and proposals, manage project risks, and ensure we deliver on time throughout our projects
● Creation of technical specifications, coding standards, and other project documentation as required
● Point of escalation and resolution for project delivery issues
● Collaborate on key technical decisions for each project with the wider team (PM, QA, Back-End, DevOps, Solution Architecture, Business Analysts)
● Working with Operations and Project Management to allocate team members to suitable tasks and projects
● Selecting the best tools, frameworks, and libraries that allow our team to develop their work for our clients efficiently
● Take ownership of Frontend task breakdown and estimates for project and ensure they are rigorous and accurate.
This Front-End Technical Lead technical skills and experience will be:
● A senior level software developer with strong and successful technical lead experience.
● Advanced level (knowledge and experience) of programming languages and methodologies.
● Highly knowledgeable and versed in various front-end libraries and a passion for creating more in HTML.
● A good understanding of modern CMS platforms and how to create modular components that work within them
● Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
● A working knowledge of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms; SCSS is a must.
● Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that applications will adhere to them.
● Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.● Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Sketch or Photoshop is a plus.
If you’re our Front-End Technical Lead simply send your CV to us, and we’ll get in touch with you. Please quote reference AP980.